Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Choral Festival 2008

I attended the Choral Festival in Spartanburg, SC last week. It was very inspirational. New music was previewed with three Christmas musicals being premiered at the three day event. I was impressed by the knowledge of the clinicians and the musicians, producers, artists and song writers that led the music preview sessions.
I was able to speak personally with Marty Parks, Jay Rouse, Randy Vader and Tom Fettke. I gave each of them a complimentary CD. Marty Parks, who has recently written a devotional book for church musicians, was autographing his book. He took time to autograph my CD, God So Loved the World. I gave CDs to Theresa and Brian, musicians at First Baptist Church of Spartanburg and also to the festival coordinators, Chuck and Diane. I will return to my blog to add other impressions at a later time.

No comments: